Reach for the Stars Acrylic Painting
- Canvas, watercolour or canvas paper
- Pallet or a normal plate
- 2 Paintbrushes; medium for thebackground and fine for the letters
- 1 cup with a bit of water to washthe brush when needed
- Tissue paper or paper towel
- Acrylic paint. You can use oil paints or watercolours for this project if you prefer. Colours we used: Black, purple, blue, red, pink and white.
- Paint the surface with black.
- Add some drops of purple and blend them in using your medium size brush or a paper towel. Repeat the same exercise with purple and then with blue.
- Mix in your palette: purple with white to get a light purple, separately blue with white to get a lighter blue and then red with white to get pink.
- Repeat step 2 with the 3 colours you blended with white, one by one.
- Clean your medium-size paintbrush and dry it. Now dab it into the white paint and with your thumb, you can start splattering a bit of the white onto the canvas. Another way to do it is by tapping the paint brush with white paint with another paintbrush, a pencil or a stick, so every time you tap you get the white paint splattered in a controlled way.
- Give it approximately 15 mins for the background to dry.
- Now get the fine paintbrush and write the “Reach for the Stars” message. You can write your name, someone else’s name or a word/message that makes you happy!
Well done, your artwork is ready!
Don't forget to share your final Art Piece on social media, tag @kidscircleaus and #kidscircleaus to go in the monthly draw for a special prize 😉